Damaged teeth, whether they are chipped or cracked, can occur for many reasons. You may chip or crack a tooth when playing sports, accidents happen, or you may chip or crack a tooth by grinding your teeth.
Upon cracking or chipping a tooth, it’s highly recommended to visit your dentist as soon as possible to ensure no further damage takes place.
When Should I See An Emergency Dentist?
If the damage to your teeth is painful, of perhaps at the front of your mouth, we recommend booking an emergency dental appointment as soon as possible. Your dentist can check over your teeth and assess the damage that may have been done, and provide you with all available treatment options.
If you leave your chipped or cracked tooth untreated, it could lead to further problems such as infection, perhaps then leading to the loss of your tooth.
Here at Robinson’s Dental Practice, we can provide support and care if you’re looking for an emergency dentist.
What Treatment Options Are Available For Damaged Teeth?
Depending on the severity of the damaged tooth, will depend on what treatment options your dentist provides. These treatment options may include:
- Dental Crowns – a crown will be placed on the top of a chipped or cracked tooth
- Veneers – if the front of the tooth is damaged, a dental veneer can be used to cover the chip or crack
- Fillings – a dentist may use a filling if a crack has formed on the tooth leaving gaps. A filling will be used to fill these in cracks
- Composite bonding – this cosmetic dental treatment can be used to restore teeth, by using a composite resin material that is shaped to your tooth, covering any cracks
- Dental implants – in more severe cases, where a tooth may need to be removed, a dental implant can be used to permanently restore the lost tooth
During an appointment with your dentist, they will provide recommendations for the treatment options best suited to you, to repair your damaged teeth.
Emergency Dentist in Christchurch
If you’re looking for an emergency dentist in Christchurch, Bournemouth, or Poole, look no further. At Robinson’s Dental Practice, we have an expert team on hand to provide dedicated dental care to you.
For more information about our emergency dental services, and out-of-hours dental care, get in touch with us today.